From the guys who brought you Raising Arizona:
Where I live, about 3000 pounds of mercury is pumped into the air we breathe annually via coal burning plants.
Yay, Alabama, we’re #1 in pollution!
Here are the lowdown and filthy facts on Clean Coal:
- While the coal industry has spent millions of dollars advertising clean coal, not a single clean coal plant has been built.
- No, power plant in America has commercial installed a carbon capture system.
- Almost every clean coal plant proposed will pump 100% of its CO2 into the atmosphere.
- The EPA says coal is the number one source of global warming pollution.
- Burning coal is the dirtiest and most poisonous way of producing electricity.
- The EPA says the pollution output of coal is greater than all cars and trucks in the U.S. combined.
- An investment in wind power would create 3 times the number of jobs as a clean coal industry.