- ♪♪ Mine eyes have seen the failures mounting in 2008:
- The Mormons and the Fundies launched a conspiracy of hate;
- They have trampled down the rights of gays with Proposition 8:
- Our cruelty marches on. ♪♪
- ♪♪ The perverts and the twisted fucks have fortified their teams,
- With dirty hags and Ashley Todd contributing to schemes;
- A pisser politician adds to these extremes:
- The weirdness rolls along. ♪♪
- ♪♪ The Pentagon and FDA touted their contempt for youth:
- The Chinese Gymasts’ ages seemed to dodge the sporting truth.
- And Lori Drew’s conviction showed some prosecuting couth,
- Lo, children’s lives are mocked. ♪♪
- ♪♪ A failed administration tries to rewrite its wretched past;
- Corrupted DOJ maneuvers to cover its own ass:
- Be swift, Barack Obama, to bring Justice back and fast!
- The world it marches on. ♪♪
- ♪♪ Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, Politicians always fool ya…♪♪
♪♪ Glory, Glory Hallelujah, Perhaps there’s hope for 2009 ♪♪
I’ve highlighted the big news stories of 2008 with a parody on the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Happy New Year!!!