ht The Jed Report:
Here’s the key details:
- In March, 2008, Sarah Palin recorded a video welcoming the convention of the secessionist Alaskan Independence Party (AIP), saying “we have a great promise to be a self-sufficient state, made up of the hardest working, most grateful Americans in our nation.”
- In October, 2007, Dexter Clark, the AIP’s vice chairman, was recorded on video saying that Palin had been a registered member of the AIP before switching to the GOP to be viable.
- In the same video, Clark says “the Federal goverment is just plain a monster” and “we don’t say we are Americans, we say we are Alaskans.“
- Clark’s comments were delivered at “The Second North American Secessionist Convention” in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- AIP’s motto is “Alaska First. Alaska Always.“
Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) is a nightmare, even by conservative standards. Who vetted her? Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy?